7:30-8:00 Wake Up & Get dressed
8:00-8:45 Go for a walk (Exercise)
I like to put a load of clothes on and unload the dishwasher. I also set out what I need for dinner.
9:30-10:15 Math
Evan uses Math-U-See and Ethan uses Teaching Textbooks 5
10:15-10:45 Spelling/Handwriting
Ethan uses Spelling Power for spelling this year and I just have Evan write/study words each week from a 1st grade spelling list that I found online. The kids practice their handwriting using Handwriting Without Tears.
10:45-11:00 Snack and History Memory Work
SNACK TIME!! Apples and Banana's yum yum!!! I thought I would include a couple of videos of the kids saying their history sentences. If you listen closely you may even can hear Emma. :)
Did you notice Evan picking up a piece of the banana peeling and putting it in Ethan's hair. I do not know where he gets his silliness from...it must be from his daddy!!
and NO EVAN DOESN'T EVER SIT STILL!!!!
11:00-12:00 History We have a lot of resources for History. Originally I was using Winter Promise and while it is a GREAT curriculum it was a little too overwhelming for me to following everything. So I pick and choose what I want and we use Story of the World as our spine. So far the kids seem to really enjoy the stories. Ethan doesn't want to stop at the end of each chapter. We usually listen to the CD's on Monday and if we aren't in the car listening to it then I let Ethan follow along in the book. On Tuesday's I read from the book. On Wed. the kids do map work and on Thursday's they have a test. On Friday's we do some type of project/lapbook page to help remember what we've learned.
12:00-1:00 Lunch and Break
If we have a documentary for history we can watch it while we eat lunch.
1:00-2:00 First Language Lessons/ Writing With Ease
2:00-2:30 Science
2:30-3:30 Computer Time/ Reading
While one is on the computer the other one is reading. I took more pictures but I guess I have already uploaded too many because it is not allowing me to add more! :(
My kids thrive for a schedule. If we don't have a schedule my day is total chaos. While this schedule changes at times due to co-ops, doc appointments, toddlers...I like this schedule and it works well for our family. I have to have set times or things get missed. If the kids are not finished with their work before it's time to move on to the next subject then they have homework to do during what should be their FREE time.
I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into our day.





2 comments:
I loved walking through your day. I have a mover too! That's why we have to incorporate lots of "moving time".
It looks like you have a good schedule for your family.
You are very structured just like me!! :)
Post a Comment